Monthly Archives: June 2013
The speakers and topics for ICAP’s 2013 Godfrey Seminar (August 16th- Lewis and Clark Community College, (5800 Godfrey Rd, Godfrey, IL 62035) are as follows:
- Mr. Tim Dain (Executive Director SIRMLS)-Maxing out the MLS for Appraisers
- Tamara J. Bellisario, IFA (Sr. Review Appraiser, Associated Bank)-The Reviewer’s View
- Carlos Garriga (Research Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis)-Economic Trends in the Housing Markets
- Craig M. Capilla (Attorney, Franklin Law Group)-Tales From the Other Side General Liability Issues
- Elizabeth A. Kern, IFAS-Whose Rule is it Anyway, Understanding the origination of supplemental requirements and their source.
- Mr. Brian Weaver (Appraisal Coordinator – IDFPR)-The Rest of the Story
Registration: 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM — Seminar starts at 8:30 AM
Cost: ICAP Members: $125 (Please LOG IN to receive the member rate for Seminar Registration) Non-Members $150 (includes ICAP membership & benefits for the rest of the calendar year)
Register at the ICAP homepage (www.icapweb.com) in the EVENTS box on the right hand side of the page.
ICAP has converted the new Appraiser Experience Logs issued by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation into an electronic editable format to assist our members who apply for either a Certified Residential License or a Certified General License. You download these forms in a PDF format from the ICAP website. They are located in the MEMBER ACCOUNT section of the site. Here is a quick link to view and access the new log forms.
The speakers for ICAP’s 2013 Lisle Seminar (July 29th- Wyndham Hotel, 3000 Warrenville Road, Lisle, IL) are as follows:
Dustin Harris-Mobile Appraising
Maureen Sweeney-Condominium Valuation
Jim Blaydes & TJ McCarthy-Legislative Update
Dustin Harris-Stramlining your Appraisal Office
Brian Weaver-Appraisal Director
ICAP’s 2013 Lisle Seminar will also provide a Vendor Showcase which will bring appraisers and appraisal service providers together. ICAP’s Lisle Seminar qualifies any Illinois licensed or certified attendee seven hours of continuing education and includes a continental breakfast during the morning exhibitor hour (7:30 AM to (8:30 AM) and lunch during the afternoon exhibitor hour (12:00 to 1:00 PM). In addition, there will be crowd raffles and giveaways.
ICAP is anticipating strong demand for its seminars and attendance will be limited so it is critical that attendees register well in advance to reserve their spot. Register at the ICAP homepage (www.icapweb.com) in the EVENTS box on the right hand side of the page.
The ASB will be conducting a public hearing Friday, July 19, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The meeting will include a variety of panels, including but not limited to:
- Federal Government Agencies
- State Appraiser Regulators
- Appraiser Organizations
- Users of Appraisal Services
- Litigators and Litigation Appraisers
There will also be time for an open forum so that any meeting attendee can provide feedback. Attendees are encouraged to submit written comments to the ASB no later than July 12, 2013, to email@example.com. Those unable to attend the public hearing may also submit written comments prior to this date.
Location: Conrad Hotel Chicago
521 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL 60611
To Register of this event Click Here
ICAP is pleased to announce its 2013 Springfield Seminar schedule
Springfield (July 15th-Crown Plaza Hotel-3000 S. Dirksen Pkwy Springfield, IL 62703)
- George Opelka-ACI – Technologies of the future
- Peter T. Christensen-General Counsel LIA Administrators and Insurance Service
- David Oppedahl-A Recovery Under Construction: A View from the Chicago Fed
- Jim Blaydes, TJ McCathy-Legislative Updates
- Brian Weaver-Appraisal Director – IDFPR
Register at the ICAP homepage (www.icapweb.com) in the EVENTS box on the right hand side of the page. Lunch is included, register early as space is limited. Online Registration Deadline is July 2. Illinois State Credit: 7 hours. The seminar is from 8:30a – 4:30pm.