Daily Archives: December 20, 2014
It was on this day (December 20th) 1994 that the Illinois Coalition of Appraisal Professionals summited their articles of incorporation to Illinois Sectary of State. According to ICAP’s Articles of Incorporation ICAP’s purposes and powers are as follows:
1. The Corporation is organized and shall be operated to promote the common interests of real estate appraisers licensed or certified by the State of Illinois;
2. To educate and communicate with members of the appraisal profession about legislative and regulatory issues;
3. To represent the interests of members in government affairs by monitoring, proposing, supporting or opposing laws, regulations, rules, and/or proposals that affect the appraisal profession at the local, State and National levels;
4. To establish and maintain contacts with legislators, regulators, and related professional organizations;
5. To consult with or engage, when necessary, a professional government relations firm to provide assistance in connection with the State regulatory, legislative, and/or administrative matters concerning the appraisal profession;
6. To foster and promote the appraisal profession to the general public through communication, research, and publications;
7. To raise funds necessary to administer the Coalition and use such funds to carry out the purposes and objectives of the Coalition; and
8. To support the maintenance and improvement of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (US PAP) and its effective enforcement by the State.
ICAP’s mission is to promote the appraisal profession and its image to the general public and to users of appraisal services. ICAP initiates discussion and analysis of issues affecting professional appraisers and monitors political action with the intent to influence legislation, regulation and public opinion toward the appraisal profession.
20 Years later ICAP remains dedicated to its purpose and mission and looks forward to another 20 Years!