Daily Archives: January 29, 2017
Illinois Coalition of Appraisal Professionals
205 W. Wacker Dr., #202
Chicago, IL 60606
Dear Illinois Appraiser,
In a year when regulatory if not professional challenges abound, it is time to renew your annual ICAP membership. As you may know, ICAP (Illinois Coalition of Appraisal Professionals) represents its member’s interest at all meetings held by the Illinois State Appraisal Board, the Association of Appraiser Regulatory Officials, the Appraisal Foundation Advisory Council, as well as other state and national gatherings. Importantly, ICAP continues to gain visibility and access to key legislators around the state.
Presently, we continue to work with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (the IDFPR) to assure fair dealings between appraisers and Appraisal Management Companies (AMCs). Another emerging issue is securing an appraiser specific statute of limitations to limit professional exposure for tortious claims based on alleged appraiser malpractice. Such issues affect all real estate appraisers regardless of practice area.
ICAP is committed to being on the forefront of representing Illinois Appraisers, advancing the profession, and protecting the public’s trust in the real estate appraisal process. Real estate appraisers are trusted professionals who provide independent, impartial and objective opinions of value.
Your ICAP membership gives you:
• A subscription to the ICAP Advantage newsletter, providing you with industry updates and alerts
• Discounts on the ICAP summer seminars
• Tuition discounts on sponsoring organizations offerings
• Representation in Springfield on legislative issues with a full time lobbyist
• Access to the ICAP education and events calendar along with the ICAP job search page
• Access to the thousands of industry links
• Free listing in the ICAP statewide directory
• Access to the industry’s best minds and resources.
Your Membership is needed to continue to support the organization. ICAP provides incomparable information, collective experiences and a network of professionals to help you grow as a leader in your business and community. We are your advocates.
Your dues support these efforts, thank you.
P. Barton DeLacy, ASA, MAI, AI-GRS, CRE
2017 ICAP President